logolong

Can Anyone Reccomend A Shoe Supplier For Grossly Swollen Feet?

More
6 years 10 months ago #65297 by BUBBADOG14
Actually it's your G.P or Consultant who has to make the referral, but lookout for problems! I've just come out of a big fight between my Consultant & G.P over who does referrals to other health departments! I needed a referral to another department and my Consultant said it was my G.P who needed to do it, went to G.P she said 'no' it was my Consultant as he was the one who found the problem so it was he who needed to do it, he said 'no' it was a new law that had been passed that G.P's make referrals. This went on back and forth for 6months!! Today in the post was a big 4 page form that was from my G.P's saying a referral to the Knee Orthopaedics Dr had been done for me to see a Consultant next month! At Last so good luck to you! :ohmy:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #65325 by Amanda2
Thanks for this. I'd been wondering myself if I actually may need a referral from either my Lymphoedema clinic or GP, so it was good to read your post so that I have some clarity on this. I was sorry to read that you've been dragged into an argument between your Consultant and G.P. but glad to see that you aren't having to suffer any more delay... you've suffered enough as it is! When I was having check-ups relating to the cancer I had (which I'm glad to say I've now had the 5 year all-clear from) one of the Registrars referred to G.P.'s in quite a disparaging manner and called them a 'jack of all trades'!...which made us laugh! I do think there's quite a bit of rivalry between G.P.'s and Consultants. It use to annoy me when my hospital instructed me to take a urine sample to my Surgery and the Surgery either wouldn't submit the sample for testing as 'they'd not requested a sample' or they'd submit the sample but wouldn't give me the result (citing the same reason!). So then I'd go back to the hospital to tell them about the difficulties I was having and they would be very critical of the surgeries and make it clear that they knew there were these problems with surgeries (so it makes you wonder why they'd have me submit the sample to my Surgery knowing full well I'd run into these problems!). Patients have enough problems to deal with as a result of their health without encountering more because the hospital/Surgery find it difficult to work together!.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.360 seconds