logolong

Injuries during fits.

More
10 years 8 months ago #48518 by Carl
Injuries during fits. was created by Carl
I know many sorts of injuries can happen due to fits/seizures.

I have problem of not usually not remembering where I get my bruises. (having a memory problems doesn't help).

Last night I chomped on the inside of my mouth again chewing it up a bit. And was exhausted all day. Other times I get other them quickly. I have bit my tongue quite often.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #48533 by BUBBADOG14
Hi Carl, I'm the same as you, I will discover bruises on my body that I don't know where they have come from, but with me it could be from my fits or from loosing my balance from my R.A. I do bite the inside of my mouth or tongue when I fit. The worst injury I have got from a fit was from my 1st fit, I had gone from standing up to fitting and had hit a concrete floor face down, I broke my nose and my face looked like I had gone 10 rounds with Mike Tyson! My husband thought I had been beaten up when he 1st saw me in the hospital. It was the worst injury I had from my fits. Now if I know I'm going to fit I try and lie down or I always have cushions close to me. My main fits seem to happen when I'm in bed luckily!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carl

More
10 years 8 months ago #48534 by Carl
Replied by Carl on topic Re: Injuries during fits.
Hello Bubbadog 14. You have lot to look out for then. I have a relative with RA. ..You went standing up to hitting the floor. That is so dangerous. I do as you now, if I feel not right I will sit down or go and lay down. A problem I have is that they could not prescribe me with the strength of tablets they wanted to due to my brain injury, because they do not want the tablets effecting the symptoms of it. I get fits any time, though for last month they been mainly in bed.

More
10 years 8 months ago #48549 by BUBBADOG14
I've been on Carbamazapine for a long time now and it's always helped me, just have to increase the dose when my body becomes immune to the dose! I'm one of the lucky ones who has it pretty much under control now. Take care and be safe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carl

More
10 years 8 months ago #48564 by Carl
Replied by Carl on topic Re: Injuries during fits.
That is good news. Long may it continue.

More
10 years 3 months ago #51366 by Sandie
Replied by Sandie on topic Injuries during fits.
Does anyone use Buccolam, it comes in pre filled syringes this is what I use as a rescue medication for my son Scott. It seems to work very well. My son developed K protien due to lying on the floor in a fit, he had to be in Hospital a few days on a drip and had blood tests twice a day, he is at risk now of this happening again, he was only on the floor a matter of minutes but it still happened it can be fatal if not detected and treated.

Moderators: malh007
Time to create page: 0.386 seconds