logolong

Death, so what's after this life?

More
15 years 3 months ago #14554 by Posh
C'mon, lets get a debate going here...

We've got to admit it, even if we don't want to, that Death is as much part of Life, as life is!
No-one is immune!

It's an emotive subject, and one which IMHO is not discussed often enough, which is why a dying person can become so frightened and fearful of their own death.

So what, in your opinion is the meaning of \"life after Death\"?
Is there a \"Heaven\", where everything is sweetness and light, and there's no pains, worries, or turmoils?

Or do you \"come back\" as something else, or someone else? To live your life over again?

Personally, I don't think there is anything. Death is simply a turning off of the neurons and life ceases, the body withers to feed the soil, and the soul (if there is one) disappears.
The only way that anyone could \"live on\" is in the memories of others, those they have been loved by, and those who they have passed along Life's Way.
Lest we forget...

So what do you think/believe?<br><br>Post edited by: Posh, at: 2008/12/05 09:03

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 3 months ago #14556 by
I dont believe in a Life-After as in scriptures..angels on clouds stuff.....I do however find it difficult to explain away some of the things Ive experianced ...without a level of formal thinking..
I often have conversations with departed loved-ones ( not in prayer form)..just a normal chat..to which the replies are just as lucid as chatting with a friend....Some might say that Im being delusional,I know thats not the case...
When called upon,my contacts ( for want of a special title)become my ears and eyes in far flung places....This is not something Ive developed..In fact quite the opposite,Ive quashed it .....
I agree about the body...ashes to ashes....but Ive a feeling that the Spirit lives on xxxx ;)

More
15 years 3 months ago #14582 by Dorrie
I have lost touch with the Church over the years,but I never lost touch with God,I believe I have been guided many times, when I have been in despair I have been sent the answers.Death is just a passing into the next life,your loved ones who went before you will guide you there.:)

More
15 years 3 months ago #14646 by ducky
I grew up in a roman catholic childrens home. We where taught the good go to heaven and the bad to hell when you died
As a child I must admit I had no conception what death was like I was only 2 yrs old when my mum died. I just loved the idea that as I was a good child that heaven is where I would go and the bad nasty people would be punished.
I alwas belived I had a guardian angel looking after me as things alwas turned out right and there was alwas sombody to help me. my guarden angle was my mum.
when my youngest son died aged 29 a good kind person and it seened the good died young and evil people seem to live longer.
I started to question the idea that if you said sorry to god you would be saved and land up in heaven with the good people even if you were a murderer, so what was the point of hell if we where all going to land up in heaven by just saying sorry. so now I dont really know what I belive in
I still pray to god

More
15 years 3 months ago #15457 by TheLadyMagenta
I suppose i believe similarly to tony really. Theres just to many things that rational thinking dont explain for me to believe that the bodys death is the spirits end.

More
15 years 3 months ago #15477 by mamaresource
Howdy,:P ;) :laugh: :) :lol: :silly: :cheer:
I believe LIFE IS GOD and I don't believe in death. I mean yeah this body we're in goes to dust. I believe that I am made in God's image and likeness whatever that will be and I will be like him. Since God is eternal and infinte and Life, or God is everlasting,I am God's child and I inherit this everlasting life....

Cheers all,
Good topic!

Moderators: Karl
Time to create page: 0.426 seconds