logolong

Re. Mobility Scooters

More
16 years 2 months ago #2127 by bouncer99tqy
How Many are suitable to be used on Public Transport and also suitable to enter Shops, etc.??

How many users are properly insured for Accident or Damage to Property?

How many users consider wearng flourescent Clothing.

I raise this after the reported incident in Tewksbury last Saturday.

I am a Mobility Chair user myself and have Acted on ALL Points raised after seeking legal advice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 2 months ago #2134 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic Re:Re. Mobility Scooters
Hi,

I have insurance for my electric wheelchair. Its about £50 a year.

Are you insured?

More
16 years 2 months ago #2135 by bouncer99tqy
Hi Karl

I am as fully insured as I can be in my Mirrage Mobility Chair For Repairs, Breakdowns annd Public Liability for Accidents to me or the General Public
Via Alexander Forbes Insurance Brokers.

As previously stated, I use a Flourescent Jacket when on the move with the Chair.

My Chair has proven very successful on Low Floor Buses and Taxis.

I have yet to attempt the Train, but having discussed matters with First Geat Western Staff I do not expect many problems except thr \&quot;Norm\&quot;!<br><br>Post edited by: bouncer99tqy, at: 2008/02/05 12:47

• Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 9 months ago #25998 by
Replied by on topic Re:Re. Mobility Scooters
I know I'm replying to an old thread, but the subject of mobility scooters and electric chairs is of great interest to me.

My electric wheelchair is just for use in my home, even though I can use it to go across the road to the little shop here. Mostly I don't as I use my little foldable scooter.

My household contents insurance covers them when inside the house, and me, for any accidents outside the home that I might have. It also covers my big road scooter against theft while it is parked in his \&quot;garage\&quot;, and for any possible accidents caused when using him outdoors.

But I do not have any insurance for any breakdowns outside, because they just don't exist where I live.

More
14 years 9 months ago #26012 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic Re:Re. Mobility Scooters
Breakdown cover, you could put the broken scooter in a wheelchair friendly taxi to get the scooter home.

Do you go far in the scooter?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 9 months ago #26015 by
Replied by on topic Re:Re. Mobility Scooters
I don't live in the UK so there aren't any wheelchair or scooter friendly taxis here.

Not a problem with my little foldable scooter if, and I repeat if [being agoraphobic] I ever manage to get off the Moshav, as he folds and goes into the boot of a normal taxi, which are just normal cars here. And on the very rare occasions I do get out, I'm usually OK because I know all I have to do is phone for a taxi and I'll be home pdq.

And I only use my big scooter to take the dogs out for walks around the Moshav, only I recently had to sell my big four-wheeler as it was so difficult to steer, and I bought a second-hand three wheel version [both Shopriders]. Actually I rarely took Senior Dog out and was just starting to take Junior Dog out when I realised the I just couldn't manage the four-wheeler any more.

If anything should happens to the scooter while I am outside my home I just have yell for someone to bring me home, and then phone the guy who supplied them and he will come and fix it. I don't go more than a few hundred metres in any case, as I get panicky once I can't see my home, so turn round and come back.

Moderators: Karl
Time to create page: 0.437 seconds