logolong

Hold Onto Your Hats

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 10 months ago #2441 by
Hold Onto Your Hats was created by
Woke this morning to discover the unthinkable has happened......Uncle Ken Livingston has been ,at last, outvoted by a Bafoon (all be it a nice Bafoon)...Just goes to show how utterly sick Londoners are with Labour.
If Boris got in ,I would suspect that if the Tories had put up a half decent monkey against ,left wing nutter, Livingston it would have won........
Things coming home to roost....all the waste in obtaining the Olympics..which no Londoner I know will admit to wanting (ego fest for the political elite)...and a cost which us rate payers will bear for the next 30 years at least.If anyone has been to Athens they will note that all venues for their Olympics are unused and moth-balled..as it will be here .
Then we move on to Kens (plus staff in excess of 90)recent trip to India to get ideas on running a high tech Capital city..WHAT?????? In India...yet another snout-in-the-trough jolly on the taxpayer...
And it goes on and on and on and on......:blink:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #2447 by ducky
Replied by ducky on topic Re:Hold Onto Your Hats
there are a lot of ppl who will not get the chance to see the olympics. the money would have been better spent on giving the youngsters in towns and citys a place to get rid of there energy. there is no where to go for them. this is the sad fact of life. build places that they them selfs can run.and have to look after . there are a load of youngsters and teenagers who are not hooligans. because they are not they get shoved to one side

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 10 months ago #2455 by
Replied by on topic Re:Hold Onto Your Hats
I agree with every word Ducky....This Olymics (London)benefits no one,but the politicians and ego-hunting Celebs. (like Sir Coe, etc etc)
Then theres the discraceful back-handers and Entertaining (multi millions)wasted to get the thing in the first place......
All of this would be a thing of the past if they held the Event ,every four years in its rightful Home...Athens.......
Everyone connected with the Olympics should hang their heads in shame .....estimated cost to date £22 Billion....thats 22 thousand million ££££££:blink:

More
15 years 10 months ago #2458 by ducky
Replied by ducky on topic Re:Hold Onto Your Hats
am glad sombody else had the same thought as me .i have asked the ? alot why not keep it in athens. it cost countrys holding the olypics alot of monney that could be spent on better things. if all countrys contrbuted to it every four years some of the profits could be plowed back to good causes.and it would be cheaper in the long run.

More
15 years 10 months ago #2459 by suzan
Replied by suzan on topic Re:Hold Onto Your Hats
:S £22,000,000,000.......olympic bill...:S

why should the national lottery ppl be funding part of the Olympics?????

think of how many groups could be getting xtra help if the money that is going towardsolympix were put there instead!!

i wonder if the olympic group have to undergo the same rigorous testing and form filling as the charities?...and if so,i wonder how much the form filler is paid????...is this post funded by national lottery????

xx suzan xx

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 10 months ago #2463 by
Replied by on topic Re:Hold Onto Your Hats
Not a chance Suzan hun....Anything to do with the Olympics will be passed through..on-the-nod xxxx
The whole thing will last about 2 weeks...is £11 billion per week a good return..NO xxxxxx:blink:

Moderators: Karl
Time to create page: 0.393 seconds