logolong

Accessable or what!

More
14 years 6 months ago #28058 by Hullwebs
Accessable or what! was created by Hullwebs
I'm in London typing this. It is my third hotel of the day. Consider;

:angry: International House, Westminster (£60)
Having advertised accessable rooms I booked up and advised that I was wheelchair dependant. Booking accepted; great. When I arrived I was told yes, they did have accessable rooms but the only disabled toilet is in the reception area and the lift would not take a wheelchair. \"Oh yes, there are no showers in the rooms.\"

:evil: Express Hotel, Walworth (£118)
Found it online after riding around looking for a suitable unsecure Wi-Fi (thanks BaTTyUG. :whistle: ). Hotel rooms mustbe wheelchair accessable - it's there in their advert'. Great, booked up and went walk-a-bout. Arrived at hotel later in the day to be met by a big step on the only entrance. Guess what? Yup! No ramp. Apparently, \"We only advertise the rooms as wheelchair accessable; not the entrance.\" Oh mother! What's next I wonder?

:sick: Hotel Del Cost-a-lot (£180)
Stuff it. I'm in. The disabled rooms might only have a bath with 4' 6\" sides but I guess I'll just have to smell. :

So much for the DDA.<br><br>Post edited by: Hullwebs, at: 2009/09/01 19:04

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 6 months ago #28061 by
Replied by on topic Re:Accessable or what!
Nice work Hull....just shows what most of us already know...lip-service ...well done ;)

More
14 years 6 months ago #28063 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic Re:Accessable or what!
Did you try travel lodge hotels? I stayed in one before, cheap and accessible.

Get a bath before you drive back to hull :woohoo:

More
14 years 6 months ago #28446 by Deafblindwheeler
:( Oh gee, I know what you mean and what's worse sometimes you get an accessible room only to find hello, they're not!, unless they know someone with a disability, the average persons meaning of accessible may not be the same as ours.

Moderators: Karl
Time to create page: 0.397 seconds