logolong

Our aim is 2raise awareness 2fight discrimination

More
13 years 7 months ago #30786 by Scott_1984
www.alienationstation.co.uk

Hello! Welcome to the home of Alienation Station: www.alienationstation.co.uk

We are a Theatre Company based in Newport, Wales. Our aim is to raise awareness to fight discrimination against disabled people who \"don't look disabled\". Our research indicates that disabled people who do not use wheelchairs are often misunderstood and mistaken to be able bodied. We will be taking our cause across the country starting in Gwent and Devon, using theatre and workshops to create awareness and inspire action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #30787 by Scott_1984
www.faceparty.com/gossip/thread.aspx?topic=824829

by willow138 27 mins ago

Do you have a genuine disability?

I have just started a non profit company, soon to be charity fingers crossed, whose aim is to raise awareness about disability discrimination. We want to alert people to the disgusting treatment disabled people who have a less obvious disability receive at the hands of the general public. Has this happened to you?

Tags: disability, discrimination, charity, non profit

More
13 years 7 months ago #30818 by Archie
yes i have conective tissue disorder,theres nothing to see, but i suffer a lot of pain in joints and muscle
i look like a normal guy ,but im in pain most days of the week.
it gets me down sometimes

More
13 years 3 months ago #32647 by stellaq
I'm in Australia so it might be different here; but the worst discrimination toward hidden disabilities I have ever come accross is from the wheelchair community. I had quite a fight with one person on line over a term that derided anyone with grey hair who had a disability parking sticker and was not in a wheelchair. There seems to be a widely held concept, that if a person is 18 to 25 and in a wheel chair, they are disabled, everyone else is lazy and just fooling their silly doctor.
I don't think their argument is either rational,or helpful to the disability community at large.
Since I have grey hair, it is presumed that my use of a power chair is from laziness; how reasonable is that!

Moderators: Karl
Time to create page: 0.381 seconds