logolong

Measuring happiness

More
13 years 5 months ago #32291 by Karl
Measuring happiness was created by Karl
The UK government is spending 2 million on measuring happiness! David Cameron kick-started efforts by the Office for National Statistics to evaluate people's psychological and environmental welfare

What a waste of money! People are losing their jobs, education, services, etc.. Due to cut backs but David is spending all this money to find out what makes people happy.

I know what makes people happy.

Money so you are comfortable without worrying

socializing

Good sex life

having a laugh by telling jokes or watching comdians

Watching films or plays

Your fav sport team/person winning

Good health

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #32311 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic Re:Measuring happiness
What makes you happy?

More
13 years 4 months ago #32398 by Julia
Replied by Julia on topic Re:Measuring happiness
First of all, I am very happy that I have a supportive family, great friends, a nice place to live and food for the day. I am also happy that I have the opportunity to further my education. A few years ago I wasn't as happy as I am now. This was because I put myself down and criticized myself for every single mistake that I made. Since I changed this behaviour, I feel much happier.
The greatest pleasure in the world to me is being able to make someone else happy. I feel great when I have done something for another person, whether it be someone that I know or a total stranger.
So, to sum up, I think we all should stop being so hard on ourselves and remember to try to make others happy, because that will most likely increase our own happiness.

Moderators: Karl
Time to create page: 0.330 seconds