logolong

if you won the lottery what would you buy

More
11 years 10 months ago #44051 by Jana
Hmmm, a great deal of money in us dollars. Well, here I'd have to surrender about half of it to taxes. Then I would pay off all debts and drag my husband kicking and screaming to maybe Canada or some other place that wouldn't mind a not-so-proud American expat living amongst them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #44059 by BUBBADOG14
I had this conversation with my husband the other week, After giving gifts to close family members we would give gifts to charities close to our hearts, ones we already give £3 to a month now. Then we did a bucket list after Dad past a couple of years ago. We had already done one each when my husband found out he had a bad kidney and had to have a bypass done on it and when I found out I had Osteoporosis. So we said we would look at our old and new bucket lists and would do a world cruise to cover all the places we wanted to go and have a suite on the ship! We decided we wouldn't want a new house as we love the house we're in now. My hubby said he would proberbly have a couple of nice cars and would buy a BRISCA F1 car because he loves that (he's going to a meeting this weekend with some friends!) and would hire someone to race it for him. And of course he would give up his job!! And that's how far we had got!!

More
11 years 2 months ago #46956 by Grandma7
If I won the lottery and so much money. The first thing I would do is go on a round the world cruise with my husband and all of my kids and grandkids. Then buy houses for all of us. Our would be disabled friendly, with a heated swimming pool, scooters to ride around the grounds etc., Then I would set up some kind of charity for disabled people for holidays etc.,

More
11 years 1 month ago #47295 by Grandma7
If I won the lottery, first of all I would set up some kind of charity for kids coming out of care, as I know a lot who seem to be lost and without family support. Also, have a chaffeur for George, so he never has to drive again. A big country estate with houses for G and myself, and our children... not too near each other, but near enough to visit. Money in trust fund for the grandchildren. Take George to Jamaica, he has never been back in 50 years and try and do something for relatives out there and people that need a little boost to set up in business. George and I don't need a lot, so we would get some trusted friends to help us decide who to help, and in what way. We can only dream can't we? the greatest treasures in life are health and love and we can't buy either.

Moderators: Karl
Time to create page: 0.370 seconds