logolong

new pubs and wheelchair access

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 1 month ago #41735 by Karl
Part 1

I went to the new bar at the top of my street last night called Lennys, it had a huge step so my friend had to tilt me right back in my electric wheelchair to get up the mountain of the step. In fact it is so huge small people will need a ladder. I got in the pub and the landlady with the doorman went straight to the disabled toilet to clear it out as they was using it as a store room. It was so funny how quickly they went to the disabled toilet maybe they have heard about me suing pubs in the past. Oops lol

Before we left I had to go and test the disabled toilet. It was very nice and big. On the way out I saw the landlady so I asked her if the pub had a ramp? She said, no! I said, you are breaking the law. She said I didn’t know! But she did know as you could tell by her face. She also tried to change the subject but it is hard to change the subject when you are talking thru a talker especially when you have set of sentences to say to the landlady. As I knew they didn’t have any wheelchair access so I program my talker with useful sentences. My next sentence was, “will you fix this problem within 7 days” She said Yes! I said Ok I will be back next week to check! She said ok and I will have a drink waiting for you! I smiled and said thanks.

Maybe I was a bit hard on her but its a new pub so it should have wheelchair access from the start. At least she was nice to me and offered me a drink! I might drink champagne next week lol
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Karl.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 1 month ago #41893 by Karl
Part 2

On Sunday night I went in Crown for a few cheap beers, well, its cheap but taste bloody awful especially the carling so awful I left nearly full pint and went back on fosters. At 10.30pm we decided to go to Lennys as last week I said I’ll be back next Sunday to see the new ramp. We got outside the pub and no ramp so Liz got a customer (john) from inside the pub to help me in. The land lady was looking at me across the pub and kept looking at me and no I wasn’t being paranoid as Liz said she keeps looking at you. At one point she laughed and pointed at me. We thought she was very rude and unprofessional as she is the landlady. Before I went home I went to talk to her as clearly she wasn’t coming over to see me, so on my way over she said to the DJ “oh no here he comes.” Good job I can lip read!

I said, hi, have you got the ramp yet? The ramp is coming on Tuesday, she replied. I said thank you for getting a ramp. Then I said, I wasn't trying to get the pub close down, I was trying to improve the wheelchair access as its against the law and unfair on disabled people. Then we agreed it was the council fault for allowing the pub to be open without a ramp. Then I said Sorry for being a bit hard on you last week but I do get mad when new pubs don’t have wheelchair access, so no hard feelings? Ok buy me double vodka and red bull she replied. I said you was buying me a free drink but she denied it then Liz came to get my money as it was my round. Liz pulled out £20 from my pocket then the landlady said even more to buy her vodka and red bull! I said no way! If she asked for a cheap drink like a half pint of lager I would of got her one. Then she went in a right mood, clearly she was drunk so I said Im off now and I went back to my mates.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Karl.

More
12 years 3 months ago #41908 by BUBBADOG14
What a nasty piece of work that woman sounds Karl! I would grass her up to the council for just being a right BITCH & Not having a ramp! If it was me I would of notified the council and not gone in the pub I'm all ways doing that to pubs and shops, Sounds like your better off not going there Karl!

More
12 years 3 months ago #41917 by Karl
Someone told me she wants me banned so I'll go in even more now..

she should settle down, and I like the pub so I won't report thhe bitch, Next Sunday I wont talk to her! Ramp is coming today. Cant wait for next sunday. :evil:

I did actually break a bolt under my footrest on Sunday night probably coming down the step. More reason for the bitch to get a ramp lol Bloody NHS wont fix my chair as I am getting a new one, so my brother in-law fixed it.. Next time I will send the bitch the bill. lol

More
12 years 3 months ago #41929 by BUBBADOG14
Karl you had me chuckling at how many times you said 'the bitch!' I hope you make her life hell and make her feel really bad! You go for it! And I hope you get your new Wheelchair soon, my OH fixes mine when something falls off, breaks or I just need a mini M.O.T lucky we have these people to help us!

More
12 years 3 months ago #42045 by Karl
Still no ramp at the pub, bloody lying cow.

Moderators: Karl
Time to create page: 0.377 seconds