logolong

Theology 101

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #47305 by bohonk
Theology 101 was created by bohonk
Please understand, that this blog is not meant to dis-credit or change any beliefs you have about GOD, Religion or church. Its ALL, about understanding and respecting others thoughts.
I am going to 'switch gears a moment'. Do you know the phrase "bells and whistles" ? Its like, when you buy a new car, and somebody asks you "what did it cost?" you say "with all the bells and whistles, $33,000 (EXAMPLE) so, its OPTIONS AND DIFFERENCES. Did you know that ALL Christian Churches use the same New Testament, except for some publishing changes and historical notes, they are VERY CLOSE. The OLD Testament, is a little different. The first five books GENISIS EXODIS DEUTERONOMONY LEVITICAS , NUMBers (the Pentuteuch)are the same but then the Catholics added 5 books, nothing Earth shattering, but they are there. So now, we all pray to the SAME GOD, but in different ways,( BELLS AN WHISTLES) , OPTIONS. I will listens to yours if you listen to mine! I will not shout or hold a grudge, and I will learn, I may not agree with you, but we are friends, and certainaly, we can accept each-others views.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #47315 by Jana
Replied by Jana on topic Re: Theology 101
Actually, it was Luther (I'm a Lutheran) who removed those old testament books. They were never "added" by the Catholic church. He almost did away with Revelation and James in the NT as well! The reasoning behind the OT revision goes back to the Council of Jamnia in the late 1st century when the Rabbinic Jews were finalizing the Hebrew canon. But it was also a time of differentiating themselves from "Jewish Christians". Those books that were written outside of Judea were excluded. The new Christian (Cahtolic) sect kept the books intact. Luther came down on the side of the revision, as to keep the more Greek, or Hellenistic, books out of canon altogether. Wow. that's about the most theological brain stretching I've done since confirmation classes in the 70's! Anyway, I'll own it. I'm a Lutheran and Luther is responsible. Give the Catholics a break! lol.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #47316 by Jana
OH, btw, may I ask what denomination or "non"denomination do you affiliate yourself with? Just wondering.

I'm a member of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America (ELCA).

Have a great and blessed day!

More
11 years 1 week ago #47429 by bohonk
Replied by bohonk on topic Re: Theology 101
Hi Jana,

I am a Catholic (minnow eater) lol

More
11 years 1 week ago #47432 by Jana
I know that now. And I thought I was doing such a marvelous job defending the Catholic faith! lol :)

More
10 years 8 months ago #48795 by alon
Replied by alon on topic Re: Theology 101
nice post

Moderators: Karl
Time to create page: 0.397 seconds