logolong

Question for the group???

More
5 years 1 month ago #69510 by jroseflower
Having problems with Labcorp - My husband who is disabled and on social security disability has medicare and Ohio medicaid went to visit his parents in Florida after his mom broke her hip during a fall. He got sick in Florida and went to an urgent care where they sent him out for blood work; he never received the blood work results but he did get a bill that medicare did not pay entirely only partially and because he doesn't have Florida medicaid the blood work is not covered. Now, he stuck with the bill that's over $2,000 and Labcorp wants their money and sent him to collections and threatening to ruin his credit. What can he do to pay this bill and save his credit?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #69511 by jj~
Replied by jj~ on topic Question for the group???
I can only suggest that you contact OHIO Medicaid.
Each state has varying agreements on what they pay for.
Thus to everyone know the limits of Medicaid and Medicare for that matter.
With your credit, you might have to pay the bill to preserve it.

More
4 years 10 months ago #70045 by lalmada9
Replied by lalmada9 on topic Question for the group???
Hello - I don't know the right answer for you but I can tell you what I would do. As an old man with many life experiences, I know that many disabilities have non-profit organizations behind them that will provide such assistance under the right conditions. Many states have what are called "Information and Referral" services. They generally have phone numbers like 411 or 221 here in Tucson, Arizona. The point is to get out there speak up about your situation and get the help you need. In fact, the hospital itself is one of the most popular places to get the kinds of referrals and resources you need.

More
4 years 10 months ago #70048 by jj~
Replied by jj~ on topic Question for the group???
ONLY if you qualify for such services, depends upon the State you live in, there are no generalized services nationwide.

Moderators: Karl
Time to create page: 0.397 seconds