logolong

power chair

More
10 years 10 months ago #47784 by bichonprincess
power chair was created by bichonprincess
I am looking to get a power chair but I am terrified! :lol: I have a manual chair right now and I find it rather frightening with all the dips bumps cracks and holes in the street. I am a bit of a control and am having a hard time adjusting. If you have a power chair did you find it frightening at first? Do you have any tips on how to overcome the fear or anxiety?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #53814 by 1oldman
Replied by 1oldman on topic power chair
:ohmy: it is a bit scary at first but when you get used to the joystick you will see you are a master of it. i have an invacare powerchair.

More
9 years 10 months ago #53832 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic power chair
I think everyone gets a Invacare powerchair from the NHS as they are cheap and reliable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1oldman

More
9 years 10 months ago #53835 by 1oldman
Replied by 1oldman on topic power chair
they are very reliable. mine has needed only 1 joystick and 6 batteries in 6 years but then i only use it indoors.

More
2 years 2 months ago #70631 by derry
Replied by derry on topic power chair
Hi bichonprincess, Regarding your query at first it may take you some time to adjust with a new chair but then you get use to it and it makes your life eaier. In power chairs you might need to keep batteries and charging source near you but it lastes preety long. Lightweighted power wheelchairs and easy to use you will get use to it soon.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.382 seconds