logolong

Environmental controls

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 2 days ago #2308 by
Environmental controls was created by
Able here kindly started this forum for people to talk about assistive technology & I'm particularly inteested in trying to get feedback about what sort of kit works for people & what problems people find, mainly in the UK.

I work in the NHS on providing environmental control kit. (I need to say that comments are my opinions only & I can't claim to represent any NHS organisation.)

See:
www.possum.co.uk/
www.rslsteeper.co.uk/NetsiteCMS/pageid/7...ve%20Technology.html
www.rteq.co.uk/
if you're not sure what I mean.

I'm after info on successes & failures - what are we doing right & what are we doing wrong? I can't solve individual problems, but I do have good links into the NHS organisation & would hope that I could influence things.

So - who uses this kit & what are your niggles, moans, accolades?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 11 months ago #2320 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic Re:Environmental controls
We have three good video examples in the technology category on the video page.

www.ablehere.com/component/option,com_seyret/Itemid,47/catid,5/

• Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 5 months ago #31953 by
Replied by on topic Re:Environmental controls
MBarryT wrote:

Able here kindly started this forum for people to talk about assistive technology & I'm particularly inteested in trying to get feedback about what sort of kit works for people & what problems people find, mainly in the UK.

I work in the NHS on providing environmental control kit. (I need to say that comments are my opinions only & I can't claim to represent any NHS organisation.)

See:
www.possum.co.uk/
www.rslsteeper.co.uk/NetsiteCMS/pageid/7...ve%20Technology.html
www.rteq.co.uk/
if you're not sure what I mean.

I'm after info on successes & failures - what are we doing right & what are we doing wrong? I can't solve individual problems, but I do have good links into the NHS organisation & would hope that I could influence things.

So - who uses this kit & what are your niggles, moans, accolades?

Barry,

I have an old friend called Archie that just cannot get on learnning to walk again with his NHS false leg, he weighs in at around 6 stone his leg weighs nearly five stone it is far to heavy for him to ever get back on his own two feet but the NHS dont listen.

he has a very short stump to attach the NHS prosthesis to and the weight is simply to much for his frame, this limits his ability to get around and even out to his mobility car to go for a drive, he has contacted several companies who build these carbon fibre legs made for sports competitors to see if he can have a leg made but they wont talk to him they only deal with the forces or competitors with sponsorship which seems to be grossly unfair not sharing their light weight technology with the general public, have you got any ideas as to who he can contact that might make him a special light weight limb please? he is based in reading. Uk.

regards Nigel.<br><br>Post edited by: oojimmyflip, at: 2010/11/03 01:33

More
13 years 5 months ago #31959 by Able_Here_Team
Barry is not allowed to do this forum anymore,

Regarding the problem, the best route might be to get his GP to refer him to a
different limb centre for an alternative view. Possibly
www.limbless-association.org/
could help.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 5 months ago #31972 by
Replied by on topic Re:Environmental controls
admin,

thanks for that. much appreciated.

regards Nigel.

More
9 years 3 months ago #56203 by gulabgang
Replied by gulabgang on topic Environmental controls
i am defo getting better but i dont know it if i want one as i am faster with my headpointer. i have one to go on the eye computer

adil

Time to create page: 0.457 seconds