logolong

Upgrading my controls

More
12 years 4 months ago #40572 by Karl
Upgrading my controls was created by Karl
I was getting a big upgrade from NHS today! All new equipment! I Was very excited! I waited and waited but no one came :( So I emailed the company. At dinnertime I got email back to say they have cancelled the installation as they are going to wait for my new wheelchair to come first! I was gutted!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #40580 by BUBBADOG14
Oh Karl, that was unfair of them! But sounds like the NHS to me, the way they act at the moment! Don't care about patient as long as they can safe some money! The least they could of done was ring you to say they couldn't come and safe you wasting a day waiting round for them.
How long have you got to wait for your new wheelchair?

More
12 years 4 months ago #40609 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic Re: Upgrading my controls
Communications is the main problem with the NHS if they communicate better with other sections, the NHS would run a lot better.

Since May I have been waiting for a wheelchair! In September we decided on a wheelchair and now they are doing a lot of alterations to it as they don't design wheelchairs for severe cerebral palsy users.

I had to buy 4 new wheels on my current NHS wheelchair as they wouldn't replace them as they said they couldn't gget the parts anymore as the chair was very old! They didn't even try too! So I bought 4 new wheeels from the local mobility shop! Well, I didn't have any option unless I wanted be house bound! No Way!

Time to create page: 0.377 seconds