logolong

letter to Pres.,Obama re:SSI penalizes disabled...

More
8 years 7 months ago #58780 by Saunter
This is the shorter version of letter I sent by email to president Obama .
Dear pres. Obama , re: property taxes disabled being allowed to pay without being penalized by SSI. I'm disabled as is my daughter she goes to adult daycare on a bus, I'm here caretaker. I own my house and due to 3 items with SSI can't save up to pay property taxes SSI is required to penalize me if I do.
SSI took my month of May check we ate peanut butter bread and potatoes that a church gave away.
Also took 10% of future checks. I was told fraud theft crime jail time. Told not to pay 2015 or 2016 property taxes since not on items 1-3. I'm bullheaded and paid 2015 property taxes since I don't want to lose my home.
Oprah magazine April 2012 " a safety net for those most in need." Said Barack Obama. I and my daughter are among those most in need. As might others who want to save up for propert taxes without being penalized. Disabled citizens are being mistreated by being penalized for saving up to pay property taxes when nondisabled citizens are NOT being penalized for doing the same thing.
#1 LAW SSI resources limit of 2000 my property taxes are. 2225
#2 CHART SSI of living expenses does NOT have property taxes on the chart as a living expense
# 3 SSI things that don't count against you does NOT have property taxes on the list.
It as if for SSI property taxes do NOT exist although for the rest of the world they do.!
Rosa Parks said " I did not get on the bus to be arrested. I got on the bus to go home." I admire her
"I did not get save up property taxes to be penalized. I paid property taxes to keep my home." So, call me saunter.
mr president please change items 1 2 3 so I and other disabled won't be penalized for saving up to pay property taxes to keep our homes. Please help us there are as of 2013 over 8 million disabled in the USA . Thank you, I used my real name on the email , but , you can call me, saunter. 8/25/2015.
The following user(s) said Thank You: riversidemarie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #58827 by Will
I do not understand everything you say here, because we are in different countries with different laws. I don't know where you can go in the US for FREE legal advice. In Britain we have an organisation called the "Citizens Advice Bureau" that can give free guidance regarding most legal matters - no charge. Is there nothing similar in the US? The US has the proud boast that it is the "Land of the Free". I hope this is true and that you would not have to consult expensive lawyers, just to be told that you are stuck between a rock and a hard place! If there is a problem with anything it is probably best to go to the "top". You Emailed the US President! I hope you get a proper reply.
Much respect Lady.
The following user(s) said Thank You: riversidemarie

More
8 years 6 months ago #59054 by BUBBADOG14
If you get a reply please let us know and if you can post it on here I would appreciate it as we do have other members from the USA who might be interested to see what is said. Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Will, riversidemarie

More
8 years 6 months ago #59351 by Saunter
I got a reply . The White House Washington . thank you for writing to president Obama. The president appreciates your taking the time to share your views and concerns. We received yout correspondence and forwarded your information to the appropriate agency for further review. Then it gave an email and phone #. The office of presidential correspondence
The following user(s) said Thank You: Will, riversidemarie

More
1 year 10 months ago #71242 by Stray Black Cat
I am confused why you didn't make property tax payment arrangements or simply pay some in advance and the rest when it was formally due? I know this is allowed in Minnesota.

More
1 year 10 months ago #71249 by jj~
Confusing, Former President Obama has no bearing on your property taxes
Property taxes possibly can be figured different in each state.
Property taxes are assessed by the County Auditor of your county in the state which you live.
Living in Iowa we are given the bill in September of each year payable all in one payment and/or can be paid in two installments 1st half by End of March the following year and the balance by the end of September
Basic: to operate your Country, city infrastructure properly

Time to create page: 0.407 seconds