logolong

Pip Benefit info please

More
5 years 7 months ago #68292 by ajay
Pip Benefit info please was created by ajay
Hi I am on lifetime award for DLA as I was born with my disability, what I would like to know is as I'll be filling the forms in soon is there a life time award for pip my conditions are never going to get better. This is all new to me and its scary having to do these forms.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #68296 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic Pip Benefit info please
Just tell the truth and you will be fine.

More
5 years 7 months ago #68315 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic Pip Benefit info please
I have won an open DLA award twice now which is the same as getting it for life. I won the open DLA when it was that but when it changed to PIP, I had to fill the new forms for it in. Then I won it open for that, the company who sorted the forms and decided on whether the people got the benefit or not have been given the sack due to not doing the job correctly and now another company has been brought in and they are looking at the forms again and some people may have to redo there forms. I have been sent the ESA forms and have had to fill in the new forms for that which is stressing me out!! All you can do is be honest and fill the forms in as it's 'you when it's a bad day for you' like Karl said. Good luck and I hope you win it.

More
5 years 6 months ago #68370 by ajay
Replied by ajay on topic Pip Benefit info please
Thank you both for the info, I was born with my conditions and one of them is a genetic condition, the other a bad heart condition. But my disability has been getting a lot worse over the years. It's so hard to fill in the forms because they are all rare, I don't really fit in to there boxes! I am having a social worker out doing a home visit to help with the forms soon. I was given DLA as a life time award but he said it's not worth the paper its written on!.... As everybody will be called up for the pip assessment. The worse part is the waiting to find out whats going to happen I am in the support group for ESA benefit also.

More
5 years 3 months ago #69185 by ajay
Replied by ajay on topic Pip Benefit info please
Well I thought I'll let everyone know that I've got pip I've been given it for a max of 10 years before they do a reassessment. It was so stressful going though it all I had help from my social workers and GP plus hospital consultants for the evidence. I'll feel that we are being put on trail for being disabled I was born with my disability and I've been in and out of hospital all of my life with it. It's not got any better, over the years things have become worse with it. My disability is complex plus I didn't get asked for a face to face meeting. My only advice is when you change from DVLA to Pip is get help from your GP, hospital consultants and a social worker.

More
5 years 3 months ago #69186 by jj~
Replied by jj~ on topic Pip Benefit info please
Always keep a copy of your paper trail with Physicians, Hospitals etc and though a process for everyone, you will be prepared without worry :)

Time to create page: 0.407 seconds