logolong

Introducing Your Very Own GOM !!!?

More
8 years 9 months ago #58231 by Will
Every group of people in society needs a "Grumpy Old Man". He is the one who will moan about everything. Most of the time you will disagree with his bitter, warped, twisted views. Once in a while (but not very often) you may grudgingly concede that he's got a point - of sorts. Most of the time he is an object of ridicule and fun who will regularly be told to "lighten up". I don't see why the disabled community should miss out on having their very own pain in the butt. I nominate myself for the job. I now second the motion. I declare myself the (undemocratically) elected GOM for this site. Time to begin my first 'official' moan...I don't understand how this site works. This is the fault of the site and has nothing to do with the fact that I'm stupid! I have only recently got to grips with Facebook (something else I could moan about. but will save for another time). I have never been on / in a chatroom so don't know the protocol. Yesterday (my first day here) I chatted with several members, all obviously younger and brighter than me, and was invited to "GroupChats" (is that right?) and to "friend" them or whatever the equivilalent term is here, and didn't know how. This makes me look like an ignorant old f**t - which I am of course, but there's no need to force me to reveal the fact to the world. I've got my pride you know (I keep it in shoebox under the bed). Can people here explain - from first principals - how a worthwhile member like myself can spread his very valuable contributions throughout this site? Think of the lives it could change, all those happy voices shouting "I am SO glad I'm not him!". Thanks future friends

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #58236 by BUBBADOG14
Hi, Will and welcome! May I explain how to add a 'friend'. On their profile page near the bottom you will see 'make a connection' that is our add a friend button! If you have any other questions please message them to me and I will do my best to help you.

More
8 years 9 months ago #58245 by Will
Thanks for the info BUBBADOG14 - very kind of you to offer help! I will probably take you up on that. Errrm, how do I message you?

More
8 years 9 months ago #58251 by BUBBADOG14
You can either go to your mail box, look to the left and read down 'USER MENU' to the bottom and click 'MY MAIL BOX'. If you go to there you will see a message from me, click that and you will see my message and in that box you will see 'REPLY' type under that and hit send. Or compose a new one by hitting 'COMPOSE' typing my profile name in top of the box and type message and send. Or easier go to my profile page, at the bottom you will see 'SEND PRIVATE MESSAGE', and you will directly be sent to 'MY MAIL BOX' my profile name will automatically be put in name box and all you have to do is type message and send. Hope this explains it for you!! B)

More
8 years 9 months ago #58269 by Sandie

Will wrote: Every group of people in society needs a "Grumpy Old Man". He is the one who will moan about everything. Most of the time you will disagree with his bitter, warped, twisted views. Once in a while (but not very often) you may grudgingly concede that he's got a point - of sorts. Most of the time he is an object of ridicule and fun who will regularly be told to "lighten up". I don't see why the disabled community should miss out on having their very own pain in the butt. I nominate myself for the job. I now second the motion. I declare myself the (undemocratically) elected GOM for this site. Time to begin my first 'official' moan...I don't understand how this site works. This is the fault of the site and has nothing to do with the fact that I'm stupid! I have only recently got to grips with Facebook (something else I could moan about. but will save for another time). I have never been on / in a chatroom so don't know the protocol. Yesterday (my first day here) I chatted with several members, all obviously younger and brighter than me, and was invited to "GroupChats" (is that right?) and to "friend" them or whatever the equivilalent term is here, and didn't know how. This makes me look like an ignorant old f**t - which I am of course, but there's no need to force me to reveal the fact to the world. I've got my pride you know (I keep it in shoebox under the bed). Can people here explain - from first principals - how a worthwhile member like myself can spread his very valuable contributions throughout this site? Think of the lives it could change, all those happy voices shouting "I am SO glad I'm not him!". Thanks future friends

There is many a good tune played on an old fiddle :kiss: :whistle:

More
8 years 9 months ago #58277 by Will
Aye, and many a mickle makes a muckle, and does your chewing gum lose it's flavour on the bedpost over night, and, (What the heck am I going on about...?!)

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.483 seconds