logolong

public buses with wheelchair access

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #61408 by riversidemarie
Bubbadog is so right. More space. More room for manoeuvre. Does anybody else get annoyed with dropped kerbs insccessible because some kind soul hass decided to park their car across it or the council have decided to economise and let weeds, grasses et al grow all over the pavement or don't repair broken paving, pot holes etc. Even restaurants which say they are wheel chair friendly have the narrowest of access!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #61411 by BUBBADOG14
You can buy 'RADAR KEY' from your council, I'm not sure how much they cost now but if you phone your council and ask about getting a radar key they will let you know. I've gone and lost mine again and need to buy a new one!! They are like a SKELETON KEY in that you can use them in any public disabled toilet that is locked, so very useful.

riversidemarie wrote: Talkiing of access what about toilets! In my city I have to use a "radar" key or in some places queue up and ask nicely for the key or code to the disabled toilets! Nice, a bit like being back at school and asking for permission to leave the classroom to use the toilets! Where do I get a radar key. The "Powers to Be" have not told me about this one along with the other things they haven't told me about! Thank God for friends and fellow sufferers of disabillity. In some public toilets, especially during the winter periods the attendant has clocked off early and I'm expected to make a telephone call to have the toilet for the disabled unlocked!!! I wouldn't be using the toilet if it wasn't fairly urgent!

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #61418 by ladyship
You can get a radar key on line. (that is apply for one). I did and now it stays in my handbag!
i see your in West sussex? I thought dahn south they'd be a bit more clued up re: access on buses.
Its a LEGAL NECESSITY that councils provice accessible tranport
see www.rica.org.uk/
check this out and search in your locality

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.359 seconds