logolong

Scarborough

More
7 years 10 months ago #62116 by Karl
Scarborough was created by Karl
I went to Scarborough with my mam for afew days. We went on Train as its only £20 for both of us. They got the ramps out on the train each way. Really good service. At Scarborough many shops, cafes, and pubs have ramps. So no problems.

We got back into Hull and went for a taxi, the taxi refused to take me as he said I would break his ramps as my electric chair is too heavy. “You are talking out of your arse. Mam replied. Basically he couldn’t be bothered to setup his ramps.
The 2nd taxi wouldn’t take me too as he said the 1st taxi should take me. Another taxi man came walking up, he was really big, he wanted to know what’s going on so we told him and then all the taxi drivers was arguing about me. I couldn’t believe what was happening.

The 2nd taxi decided to take me, so the big taxi driver helped me to get in the taxi and then he had afew hard words with the first taxi again. Oh my god, I have only been in Hull for 2 minutes and I have cause a big argument with the taxi drivers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #62124 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic Scarborough
Only you my dear can cause a scene by people fighting over you!! :lol: Good on the big bloke for standing up for you. Some people can be total arse wipes if it means doing a little more work like putting ramps down to assist someone worse off than them! :angry:

More
7 years 10 months ago #62168 by riversidemarie
Replied by riversidemarie on topic Scarborough
Good on you Karl! Taxi drivers are so different! Some are neanderthal, some go out of their way to help. That's my take, anyway!

More
7 years 10 months ago #62205 by ladyship
Replied by ladyship on topic Scarborough
I dunno Karl! you seem to cause a riot everytime you go out!

Mind you I've had argy bargy with taxis too. Some definitely don't want to be bovvered DESPITE having the wheelchair symbol in the window!!

More
7 years 10 months ago #62223 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic Scarborough
very true ladyship, they don't!

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.403 seconds