logolong

Bono's Crazy serious accident

More
9 years 4 months ago #55989 by BUBBADOG14
I don't know how many of you saw or heard about lead singer of the Band U2 Bono's accident last week? He was riding his pedal bike through New York and managed to collide with another pedal bike at speed and fell off his bike. He managed to break his arm in 6 places, fracture his shoulder blade, broke his eye socket and broke his little finger. He had to under go 5 hours of surgery during which he had the wounds cleaned out, a trapped nerve released and pins and screws used to fix the breaks. As crazy as the accident was it shows riding a pedal bike can be dangerous!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #55992 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic Bono's Crazy serious accident
anything can be dangerous, people have died by falling out of a wheelchair or even a bed!!

More
9 years 4 months ago #56007 by Sandie
I broke two ribs by turning over in bed.

More
9 years 4 months ago #56014 by BUBBADOG14
Having Osteoporosis is dangerous! I broke my left little finger just holding the bannister to go upstairs.

More
9 years 3 months ago #56235 by Pamten
I hadn't seen about Bono's accident but yes it brings to attention just how dangerous coming off a pedal bike can be, especially at speed.

My mothers only uncle died at the Young age of 13 when he hit his head falling off his bike.
Also my great nephew was in collision with a car he died from his injuries two weeks before his thirteenth birthday.

I wonder if before too long the powers that be will introduce "proper" protective cycling clothing that must be worn on the road.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.395 seconds