logolong

Mentioning this site.

More
15 years 9 months ago #5621 by TheLadyMagenta
First day i joined able here i had some guy hit on me in pm so i told him i had a huge husband. Tends to put them off but wont work for men. I think it,s through penpal link that people find sites i get mail from odd people ever since i posted on it. I spam it all now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #5622 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic Re:Mentioning this site.
ade1 wrote:

I like it but there are too many scammers, you can usually tell, either from Guarna or somewhere wanting a visa. Is there a way this site could stop these people from having access to this site. I have got alerts informing me I have a message on able here, only to find out it is from these low lifes.:angry:

Like many other sites we do have a spamming problem.

Yesterday I was looking for some software to combat this problem. Im still looking.

Maybe the way forward to charge one of fee to use the mail system. Such as £5.00

This would be a one off fee. Spammers don't like paying money out.

Would users pay a fee?

give me your thoughts!

Karl

• Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 8 months ago #6182 by
Replied by on topic Re:Mentioning this site.
I mentioned the Site in Wormwood Scrubs Karl.....Your an Icon on B Wing now xxx :P :blink: ;)

More
15 years 8 months ago #6185 by webbo
Replied by webbo on topic Re:Mentioning this site.
Karl wrote:

Like many other sites we do have a spamming problem.

Yesterday I was looking for some software to combat this problem. Im still looking.

Maybe the way forward to charge one of fee to use the mail system. Such as £5.00

This would be a one off fee. Spammers don't like paying money out.

Would users pay a fee?

give me your thoughts!

Karl

I'm sure a fee would stop the spammers Karl, however the registration form that is used on this site does not require the user to input any captcha codes, maybe this is the place to start while the site is constantly building its member base.

As for spamming forums are we restricted to this type of forum, as you know I have a forum that is running under phpbb and never have had a spam problem - again maybe this is because of the captcha form phpbb uses.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.400 seconds