logolong

why are there so many anti-disabled people?

More
10 years 2 months ago #51945 by Andra
I understand your perfectly! It is very big problem for Russia! healthy people think disabled are stupid. If our disabled has any problems with their speech or face - healthy people can tell these disabled can not think and they has serious mental problem. I think only our parents really knows who we are.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #51947 by RogerNZ
Just be You, You is ok what happens is not. People ASS U ME they know disabled people they do not only the disabled people know whats best for them

More
10 years 2 months ago #52088 by wifepoisonedme
There are a lot of people biased against disabled people, normal people, as they deem themselves, will take one look at a disabled person and automatically presume mental illness and assume the disabled person is on "Meds" and I have noticed that people that are biased against disabled people love to mention the term "Meds" like it is an insult to the disabled person.

There are a lot of people that are so rude that if a disabled person even tries to make a complaint over bad treatment by someone that the person the disabled person complains to will just smirk and ask "Are you on your "Meds" today?" and they smirk while asking that.

So to many people disabled people's complaints get ignored by many and treated as not important, and will even make snide remarks about the persons disability.

Cops are very fond of making fun of disabled people, and public school systems have always encouraged normal people to pick on disabled students which is why so many people become adults and continue their old ways of picking on people.

More
10 years 2 months ago #52089 by RogerNZ
I agree to most of the things many have said on this topic. It is them ASS U ME ing see what that makes thenm they are an ass we are normal for ourselves we are unique there is one only like us like the so called NORMAL people we are born we live we die is that what EVERYBODY does? We just have a UNIQUE one of a kind of living our life as people with disabilities Remember they ASS U ME ,

More
10 years 2 months ago #52096 by wifepoisonedme
From my experiences in life I have discovered that there are certain people in this world that have personal bias against disabled people and flat out do not want to be around disabled people.

Our governmental system tends to promote this bias against disabled people even though our government enacts laws prohibiting it, such laws look nice on paper but in reality such laws are generally ignored in practice.

If ANY disabled person in my town has a complaint about cops for instance the police will immediately assume the disabled person is on "Meds" and will ignore everything and anything the disabled person complains about.

Disabled people's complaints get ignored by the government and by the police, and people know this and take advantage of it.

Unlike so-called "Normal People" a disabled person can be locked up without any charge at all pressed on the disabled person, is that legal? is that fair? and why does people, especially police assume anyone that is disabled is ALSO mentally ill?

Many people are disabled because of malpractice done by professionals such as doctors making mistakes, they don't go to jail or get arrested for that, but when a disabled person complains,,,,,, then police automatically assume mental illness and disregards everything the disabled person says.

There are large groups of people that pick on disabled people and many do it for fun or for sport, you can think of THOSE types of people as BULLY'S and they are used to tearing disabled people down for fun and sport.

Stores reserve the right to refuse service to anyone so technically they are not breaking the law by refusing disabled people service, but they are being jerks and opening themselves up to public criticism and ridicule themselves.

You should post the name of the establishment that refused a disabled person service so that the public can also exorcize it's right to Boycott the place.

Stores/restaurants have the right to refuse service to anyone, and anyone has the right to complain about it and call out for a boycott of the business.

Remember don't feel bad for the business, they are after all asking for trouble by refusing service to disabled people.

More
10 years 2 months ago #52106 by Andra

wifepoisonedme wrote: There are a lot of people biased against disabled people, normal people, as they deem themselves, will take one look at a disabled person and automatically presume mental illness and assume the disabled person is on "Meds" and I have noticed that people that are biased against disabled people love to mention the term "Meds" like it is an insult to the disabled person.

There are a lot of people that are so rude that if a disabled person even tries to make a complaint over bad treatment by someone that the person the disabled person complains to will just smirk and ask "Are you on your "Meds" today?" and they smirk while asking that.

So to many people disabled people's complaints get ignored by many and treated as not important, and will even make snide remarks about the persons disability.

Cops are very fond of making fun of disabled people, and public school systems have always encouraged normal people to pick on disabled students which is why so many people become adults and continue their old ways of picking on people.

All the same problems in Russia.

Moderators: Karl
Time to create page: 0.438 seconds