logolong

What country offer more respect to disabled?

More
13 years 1 month ago #34158 by chakal
Hello, I want to have everyone idea of what country he think treat disabled people in more human and respectful people:
I mean socially, culturally, basic human right.
I hear that Scandinavian countries have better life standard than other but not sure...since I'm not from USA or Europe I'd like to know your oppinion

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #34171 by Karl
This is a very good question. I am from the UK, we have some good human rights law. Regarding the respect issues, i think it is 50/50 as some people can be very respectful and some people can be very rude.

More
13 years 1 month ago #34173 by Julia
Hi everyone, I am from Sweden, which is one of the Scandinavian countries. I believe it is like Karl said - you will find people who are nice and people who are rude. That is surely something that all countries in the world have in common. Prejudices against people with disabilities exist everywhere. It might be true, however, that there are less prejudices and more people who show respect for people with disabilities in the Scandinavian countries than in many other parts of the world.

More
13 years 1 month ago #34186 by BUBBADOG14
I would like to say when I went on holiday in the new year I found American people to be very respectful, and they also couldn't do enough for me and the other disabled people who where on the cruise:) .They where very helpful and they are miles ahead set up for disabled people! I couldn't get over how many dropped curbs,push button doors (that worked!),lifts (that worked! LOL),disabled toilets and even a disabled persons counter at this fast food resturant at the space center!!:ohmy: My husband was blown away!I think Great Britian could learn a heck of alot from America!

More
13 years 1 month ago #34223 by jj~
Chakel, the USA has the Americans with Disabilities Act which is enforced, good and compatible to the disabled, but Be whatever country , circumstance or ability, “Access to public programs and facilities is a civil right, [or should be] and individuals with disabilities must have the opportunity to participate in local government programs, services and activities on an equal basis with their neighbors,”

So just a note to be sure you relay this thought to whomever you can reach , loud, clear, non violent but to the point, we are with the same undeniable Rights as all Individuals..jj~

More
13 years 1 month ago #34228 by BUBBADOG14
Here,Here JJ!!B) We need our local councils to take a long hard look at our towns and say 'hey yeah we need to make our shop entrances and well hell yeah everything disabled friendly!':) I think that is a dream and never to happen!:(
The following user(s) said Thank You: tessa

Moderators: Karl
Time to create page: 0.402 seconds