logolong

Where did we put all the disabled people?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 2 months ago #60933 by
I'm gonna let ya'll win. I quit, and I'm not going to find out here. I wish ya'll well, but to be bluntly honest, you don't know where all the disabled children went either. They should have made it to adulthood, but I never found them. My patience is done, and I'm not getting any useful information.

Forty something years ago, several hundred to several thousand physically disabled children disappeared and I never saw any of those disabilities again. Maybe they scattered, maybe the school was an atypical case of aggregating them in the first place, who knows. Its all speculation at this point. In the end, I don't think I'll ever find out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #60934 by BUBBADOG14
Yes I'll be the stuck in one place person who until there husband comes home can't get up to much due to dangers around her!! People can walk past and go 'ahhh look she only has a small place around her because due to her joints being brittle she can only get about a small area and has to wait for her husband to get home from work.'
The following user(s) said Thank You: Will

More
8 years 2 months ago #60952 by Karl
Maybe Aliens took all the disabled children away! Maybe its a case for the x files?????
The following user(s) said Thank You: Will

More
8 years 2 months ago #60960 by Sandie
We didn't put disabled people anywhere, if you open your eyes they are all around getting on with their lives. I find you insulting.!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Miles92, Will

More
8 years 2 months ago #60961 by Sandie

sage1234 wrote: I'm gonna let ya'll win. I quit, and I'm not going to find out here. I wish ya'll well, but to be bluntly honest, you don't know where all the disabled children went either. They should have made it to adulthood, but I never found them. My patience is done, and I'm not getting any useful information.

Forty something years ago, several hundred to several thousand physically disabled children disappeared and I never saw any of those disabilities again. Maybe they scattered, maybe the school was an atypical case of aggregating them in the first place, who knows. Its all speculation at this point. In the end, I don't think I'll ever find out.

I am wondering if you will ever find your brain :blink: :whistle:

More
8 years 1 month ago #61345 by ladyship
sage123 obviously came from the USA and I must presume he's been living under a rock in the sparsely populated mid-west to be unaware of disabled people in his own backyard.
Here in the UK, our record has not always been brill. In my teens i volunteered at a huge mental hospital in Lancashire. It had been built in the last century and sadly there were many physically and mentally disabled placed there, simply because there was not anywhere more suitable, Indeed a generation, if you were an unmarried mom, you got sent there, and some never came out!

I don't find thetone of sage's question helpful - but I have no idea of the history of the treatment of disability in the USA. Having said that - has he not watched the Paralympics in 2012???

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.419 seconds