logolong

It takes everyone to run a forum!

More
8 years 10 months ago #57694 by BUBBADOG14
People have been moaning that this forum is slowing down and the site isn't as good as before but it takes more than a couple of people to run a forum and a site needs more input from everybody to keep going or it will slow to a halt! So if people make suggestions what they want from the site and we will see if it can implicated into AbleHere. And the forum needs people to reply to topics or even start their own. So this is your site so lets make it work! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Will

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #57695 by Sandie

BUBBADOG14 wrote: People have been moaning that this forum is slowing down and the site isn't as good as before but it takes more than a couple of people to run a forum and a site needs more input from everybody to keep going or it will slow to a halt! So if people make suggestions what they want from the site and we will see if it can implicated into AbleHere. And the forum needs people to reply to topics or even start their own. So this is your site so lets make it work! :)

Yes good advice its a great site but everyone has to put the work
in or it will become stagnant so come on members. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: BUBBADOG14, Will

More
8 years 7 months ago #59117 by riversidemarie
I agree but some of the word games can only be accessed by my scrolling down years of contributions and my having to leave to return to this site to find the most recent contributions. Am I doing something wrong?
My arm and fingers ache!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Will

More
8 years 7 months ago #59126 by Will

BUBBADOG14 wrote: People have been moaning that this forum is slowing down and the site isn't as good as before but it takes more than a couple of people to run a forum and a site needs more input from everybody to keep going or it will slow to a halt! So if people make suggestions what they want from the site and we will see if it can implicated into AbleHere. And the forum needs people to reply to topics or even start their own. So this is your site so lets make it work! :)

Some of you "seniors" (in time, not age!) have been keeping things going for a long time here. It's appreciated! Many others seem to use this site just as a "Chat room", good luck if they make enjoyable contacts! I do know, from personal experience, that joining a site like this can be quite daunting, you don't know how things work, or what you should do. I considered myself to be reasonably computer "literate" until I joined Ablehere. I have looked through some of the old "profiles" here, some with no "contacts" and no postings. I have been lucky, in that I was bold enough to ask for and receive help. But imagine someone who is new to computing, or is timid or lacks confidence.I don't suppose it exists on many other websites, but an easily accessable "New User" introduction / guide might be useful here. I have no idea how to construct or "evolve" a website, so I may be talking out of my...stupid mouth. If "some" people found this site easier to understand and use maybe, just maybe the forum might have more contributions. An extensive "new user" guide may sound like a patronising concept, but personally, I would have been glad of the sympathetic "pat on the head"! Soldier on you magnificent warriors!

More
8 years 7 months ago #59135 by BUBBADOG14
Thank you for that Will, It's something to mull over and I will see what Boss-man Karl thinks of that idea. :) Over idea's are welcome so please speak up rather than keeping it to yourself. :)

Will wrote:

Some of you "seniors" (in time, not age!) have been keeping things going for a long time here. It's appreciated! Many others seem to use this site just as a "Chat room", good luck if they make enjoyable contacts! I do know, from personal experience, that joining a site like this can be quite daunting, you don't know how things work, or what you should do. I considered myself to be reasonably computer "literate" until I joined Ablehere. I have looked through some of the old "profiles" here, some with no "contacts" and no postings. I have been lucky, in that I was bold enough to ask for and receive help. But imagine someone who is new to computing, or is timid or lacks confidence.I don't suppose it exists on many other websites, but an easily accessable "New User" introduction / guide might be useful here. I have no idea how to construct or "evolve" a website, so I may be talking out of my...stupid mouth. If "some" people found this site easier to understand and use maybe, just maybe the forum might have more contributions. An extensive "new user" guide may sound like a patronising concept, but personally, I would have been glad of the sympathetic "pat on the head"! Soldier on you magnificent warriors!

More
8 years 7 months ago #59150 by Karl
If someone wants to write a user guide, they are welcome to!

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.434 seconds