logolong

depression

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #52820 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic depression
Russia is about 30 years behind us so 30 yrs ago in the UK, many people thought depression wasn't an illness. It is strange how different countries think.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #52823 by Andra
Replied by Andra on topic depression

Sandie wrote: I am sorry if anyone was upset by my post, however I have nursed people with severe depression and it is a very serious condition, we should not make glib remarks, I found the post very insulting to anyone suffering from this condition, all I can say is thank god I dont live in Russia :unsure:

We have drugs for depression, but depression is not illness and not disability.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #52824 by Jana
Replied by Jana on topic depression
Sandie bless your heart for caring for people like myself. I've had major depression for over 30 years and was not appropriately treated for the first 5 or so. I've had one episode of depressive psychosis that lasted about 5 days. We think it was caused by Cipro, a very strong antibiotic I was on at the time. I do well with this disease and my medications. Doctors are always concerned when I have physical issues because one thing can effect the other. Sadly there is still a stigma associated with mental illness and all of the scientific information in the world won't change the minds of some people. Sad, really.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #52826 by Sandie
Replied by Sandie on topic depression
I disagree, have you ever suffered from depression I dont think you have, people can be in such despair they will take their own lives, I'm sorry Andra but you are talking rot.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #52827 by Sandie

Jana wrote: Sandie bless your heart for caring for people like myself. I've had major depression for over 30 years and was not appropriately treated for the first 5 or so. I've had one episode of depressive psychosis that lasted about 5 days. We think it was caused by Cipro, a very strong antibiotic I was on at the time. I do well with this disease and my medications. Doctors are always concerned when I have physical issues because one thing can effect the other. Sadly there is still a stigma associated with mental illness and all of the scientific information in the world won't change the minds of some people. Sad, really.

There is no excuse for ignorance, people are afraid of what they dont understand,I guess in Russia if you have an alcohol addiction or a drug habit you are more sociably accepted, but if you have a mental health issue you are treated as a pariah, I know which group I would rather invite for lunch.We must excuse the very young with little life experience, until you have fought life's battles you know very little about life's pit-falls. ;)

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #52829 by Sandie

Andra wrote:

Sandie wrote: I am sorry if anyone was upset by my post, however I have nursed people with severe depression and it is a very serious condition, we should not make glib remarks, I found the post very insulting to anyone suffering from this condition, all I can say is thank god I dont live in Russia :unsure:

We have drugs for depression, but depression is not illness and not disability.

What about PostNatal Depression then is that an illness, I had a patient who killed her twin baby girls while suffering from PostNatal Depression. She cut their throats with a pair of scissors, was she ill then or just having a bad day :dry:

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.446 seconds