logolong

What happened next

More
8 years 8 months ago #58543 by Will
Replied by Will on topic What happened next
Cedric realised there were too many things he didn't fully understand. He crossed the room to a small, rather battered looking, wooden box. It was padlocked. He took a key which was strung around his neck and opened it. From within, he took a small, flat , circle of plywood. He returned to the women. "Please," he said nervously, "Grab hold of this, but don't pull too hard, for this is the all-seeing eye of Ikea! It will help me understand all that has befallen you, gain enlightenment, learn the secrets of flat-packed furniture - even if that is a side issue." Cedric concentrated. Beneath their lids his eyes crossed. His elbows made strange flapping motions. At last the information transfer was complete. Cedric now knew about odd beginnings, possible hauntings, strange smells, perhaps the existance of ghosts and other entities. Then suddenly he realised...The transfer had not been 'just one way', she now knew everything about him...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #58555 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic What happened next
Melissa flopped onto the settee her mouth gapping like a fish. 'Wow' she said 'you have seen so much' Cedric looked to the floor not wanting to make eye contact with Melissa. 'What,how do you live with all this horror?' she tried to make eye contact with Cedric.

More
8 years 8 months ago #58560 by Will
Cedric shook himself. "I find cold showers, long walks and camomile tea help me to gather my composure" he said in a matter of fact tone. Secretly, Cedric was glad the woman hadn't delved too far into his early memories, the episode with that studious girl from the library when he was 17, and the time he confused a 3rd level nymphospirit with a hotel cleaning lady were particularly embarrassing... Cedric shook himself again. "Madam," he announced in an assertive voice - which all the same quavered a little, "We must not delay! We must return to the phyisical location where all of these events began! I can give you a lift on the crossbar of my bike, or we can catch a bus. I leave our mode of transport up to you. We must be swift - I fear grave doings are afoot..."

More
8 years 8 months ago #58570 by BUBBADOG14
They got off the bus at the stop opposite mellisa's house. The very shelter Cedric got slammed into by the angry spirit. They crossed the road and Cedric took a deep breath and tried to clear his head of all thoughts and get himself into the zone. As Melissa opened the front door to her house a torrid of spirits entered Cedric head talking all at once. 'Form an orderly queue I can only help you one by one' Cedric said out loud. And so it has started he thought to himself.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #58577 by Will
Cedric 'expanded' his conciousness to surround and confine the multiple 'presences' in his mind. It was vital for him to find out exactly what he was dealing with. Ignoring their phychic chatter, he detected a number of 'ghosts', what remains of a human being after they have departed this life. But there was also something else... ancient primeval forces that had been around for a very long time, maybe even longer than 'Man' himself. These were 'Elementals', beings that had never had a physical existance, but were self-aware and omni-present. Powerful entities indeed, as they had the ability to impose their will on the physical world. Cedric had never encountered a situation where different factions of the 'spiritual realm' had formed some kind of an 'alliance' in this way. He was intrigued. He opened a narrow 'gate' in his mental defences and projected a question. "Who speaks for the essences not of human origin here?" In his mind, Cedric 'felt' a low rumble, then a cracked 'voice', said, "I am Trevor, I have traversed the ages. I speak for my kin - and others in this world, which you, the so-called 'living' barely percieve." "Yes, yes, I know all that!" said Cedric, a little impatiently, "But what do you WANT?". There was a pause, then the 'voice' of Trevor came back, "They are breaking the ground. The places of Peace are being defiled. One of our few sanctuties will soon be destroyed, They are building a new Tesco supermarket"... Rather perplexed, Cedric related what he had just 'heard' to his lady companion...
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Will.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #58609 by BUBBADOG14
'So Melissa' he said 'I spoke to a spirit called Trevor and he told me a group of spirits are upset that where they have been laid to rest has been destroyed' Cedric took a deep breath and carried on, 'And the ground has been sold off to developers who have now started to build a Tesco's on it'. Melissa looked shocked.....
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by BUBBADOG14.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.444 seconds