logolong

What happened next

More
8 years 8 months ago #58628 by Will
Replied by Will on topic What happened next
As Cedric watched Melissa composing herself, Trevor's voice sounded in his mind again, "Look into her eyes..." it said. Cedric was a little startled. He 'thought' back, "What do you mean? Why?". Trevor 'laughed'. It was not so much a 'sound', more a sympathetic resonance and somewhere behind it were eons of observation and experience. "Do you fear the sex humans call Woman?", asked Trevor, almost teasingly. Cedric felt slightly ruffled. He responded, "No, no I don't fear women! But what point would examining her eyes serve?". Trevor performed the mental equivalent of clearing his throat, "I did not say examine her eyes, I said look into them. This woman has perception, ablities that I can not fully fathom, talents that maybe you lack. If you, and the rest of the so-called living world are not to become our sworn enemies, you should seek guidence from this woman, this, Selmissa...". For a moment Cedric felt he had a salient point to hold on to, the mispronuciation of Melissa's name, he was about to respond accordingly but percieved that Trevor had receded to his own domain. Feeling very much out of his depth, Cedric looked into Melissa's eyes...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #58632 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic What happened next
'Can I ask you a question Melissa?' Cedric said in an almost mouse like squeak, Melissa smiled at his embarrassment,'Of course, anything' she said in a friendly way. Cedric cleared his throat before carrying on. 'Do you have premonitions, see things in your mind before they happen?' Melissa's answer shocked Cedric....

More
8 years 8 months ago #58644 by Will
Melissa turned her head to one side, her eyes looked up into space. She pursed her lips for a moment, then said, "I don't exactly see things, but I get sensations and feelings from people and places... for example, from you, I'm getting the name 'Mildrid Otterthwaite' and something about waterfalls...".
Cedric blanched. At that moment Trevor the elemental burst into his mind and 'shouted' "She is dwelling on details! Ask her to explain the female power of devination which she has!"
Cedric looked at Melissa with a weak smile. "Err, can you tell me anything about the female power of devination which you have, err, so I'm told...?"

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #58653 by Will
Without warning a roaring sound errupted inside Cedrics head. It was Trevor. He was not happy. "Putrid slug of a mortal!" he bellowed, "You prancing light-weight! Misbegotten son of an idiot mother! Ask her where the building site is! Oh never mind, I'll do it myself..." and with that he 'entered' Melissa's mind. "Selmissa...it is I, Trevor, the two millionth thrane of the Brorgon Hive, Invidulator to the realms of Hargenflarstriation, Master of the Theromin (Lower Register),...Now come on love, can you take speccy-boy here to the place where they're building the new Tesco? I mean, strike a light darling, It ain't that hard, even a little bimbo like you should have that info. Speaking of 'info', where did the Ref get his from last Satday? That was NOT a foul! Course, they come over 'ere, can't speak a word of the Queen's inglish, no respect for our way of life, fish'n'chips, mindless violence an' that..." Suddenly Trevor stopped. It slowly dawned on him that he may have spent a little too long in Essex on his last quest for unquestionable knowledge...
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Will.

More
8 years 8 months ago #58658 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic What happened next
Melissa stared at Cedric with her jaw nearly hitting the floor, 'Trevor doesn't mince his words does he!!'. Cedric looked embarrassed at Melissa :blush: and said ' Do you know where he means?'. Melissa nodded and got her physic sat nav working.....

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #58659 by Will
Trevor reflected on his attempt to communicate with the woman Selmissa. He hoped it had gone well. For centuries he had been aware that human modes of speech constantly evolved. Recently he had decided to take a 'refresher' course in modern parlance, to be sure he could be understood by the annoying creatures, should the need arise. He had to find a location where humans gathered and more importantly, talked. In his long experiece the best place to observe such activity was an Inn, a Tavern, a Coach house,...a "Public House"! Trevor had found the "Dog and Duck (Sky sports, Karaoke, Tai bar snacks)" almost by chance, not far from Ilford. He had been negotiating the interspacial track ways on one of his 'Doom' patroles when he 'heard' many humans engaged in very intense 'relaxation'. Trevor 'gravitated' towards the disturbance...He entered the Pub through the side wall and 'looked' around. Through the milling crowds he perceived three males sitting at a table. He glided over to them. He soon discovered who they were. Gary ("Gazzer!"), Ethan ("Effo!") and Luke ("Loooky-boy!"). Trevor began to drink in their discourse - as they drank their lager. Trevor gained great insights that night. He returned on several occasions and found the men in the same location. He studied hard. After several weeks he felt fully up to date with the ways and beliefs of 'modern' humans. There were one or two 'minor' things that eluded him, like why Luke was a "whoofter" because he gave flowers to his girlfriend, why Gary was, "A true Brit" even if he did think that Adolf Hitler had some "good ideas" , and why Ethan never spoke about his best and dearest friend John, who was always on his mind. Trevor ignored the nagging 'thought' that he could have cast his net a little wider during his research. No, you don't exist for eons just to worry about the odd oversight once in a while. He was TREVOR after all.

Melissa spoke...
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Will.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.474 seconds