logolong

New Year New Story

More
8 years 3 months ago #60735 by riversidemarie
Replied by riversidemarie on topic New Year New Story
"Drink?" she said, pouring herself a glass of wine."Are you on duty or is this a social call?" She looked him up and down, almost supersiliciously and gestured to an empty couch. He ignored her look and tentatively sat himself down. "No I won't have a drink and in answer to your question, well a bit of both really. I've been going over the case and there seems to be some indiscrepancies. You know your mother had numrous acquaintances, Some very close and some, well, somewhat peripheral to her life. A few alarm bells have starrted ringing. The solictor dealing with the estate arranged for her papers from the safe to be collected and taken into his office for safe care. You had already written to him saying that you were not up to clearing the house or her papers. I understand that. Too many memories and emotions stirred up especially as your father died in suspicious circumstances. And it may be that your mother did too." He jumped. She had dropped her glass. Wine was pooling on the floor."What are you saying or trying to tell me? she almost hissed. She was visibly trembling, raking her hair and rubbing her eyes. Was she angry or upset he thought to himself. Or was there another emotion surfacing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #60744 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic New Year New Story
Casey jumped to her feet, 'Are you telling me my father was murdered as well?' she screamed. The DC stared at her shocked. 'You didn't know your Father was killed in suspicious circumstances?' he questioned. 'No', Casey turned to lookout her full length window 'Mother told me he skidded on some ice on the way home from work and hit a tree' He could see she was trying to hold back sobbing through the reflection in the glass. 'I'm sorry' he walked up to her, she looked like a child though she must have been just a few years younger than him. Casey turned to him she couldn't hold the sobs back any more and fell into his strong arms. 'Who would want my parents murdered?' she cried. 'That's what I'm thinking' DC Carter thought.

More
8 years 3 months ago #60767 by riversidemarie
As he ruffled her head, he thought to himself: "I should tell her the truth about her father. She has been too sheltered throughtout her life and maybe knowing the truth may shake her out of her cocooned existence. How would she take it? Her father a member of one of the largest drugs cartels, known to the Met. A father, who had ridden rough-shod over his assocciates and paid the price. A rather convenient accident so that the others could continue to pedal their filthy life-syle with impunity and make lots of money, ruining lives into the equation. Did she really believve that the private education afforded her and the Swiss chalet and villa in Cyprus and all the other trappings of money had come from hard graft? He had stooped to all sorts of shady dealings to give her that life style, dragging others into the gutter at the same time. Now the so-called dregs of society doing anything to fund their addictions and most, gaunt emaciated humans , barely alive, many of them. At one time the Met. had believed that one of these people had had their revvenge but on further examination of the car and the crash site it was obvious that it had all the marrkings of a professional job, carreffully planned and executed. Not the random revenge of a desperado. Was she really that naive? Did she really know even her so-called best friend. Even hardened police officers, uused to the shinanigins of the Underworld , World-weary and truth to tell, some a foot in both camps; Cynical, hard-bitten who professed to have seen it all. The grape vine gossip had told him this, a mere rookie, compared to the old school.

More
8 years 3 months ago #60785 by riversidemarie
Come on some sone contribute!Bubbadog on holiday. Lapping up the sun. Lucky Lady.

More
8 years 2 months ago #60807 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic New Year New Story
Casey looked over as the DC, few worry lines on his face but that showed her he was serious about his job, glass marbled eyes. His arms where muscled so he worked at the gym, big pecks (you know what I'm thinking!!) and tight thigh's. Was she falling for him? Where my friends right? What she didn't know was lost in her thoughts she had taken step after step until she was almost face to face with the strapping DC and as she slowly taken his face in her hands was...

More
8 years 2 months ago #60809 by Sandie
Replied by Sandie on topic New Year New Story
I have been reading your posts, you should have a go at writing a book, I for 1 would buy it

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.390 seconds