logolong

Sex For ...

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #61476 by Tomrymer
Replied by Tomrymer on topic Sex For ...
Bad attitudes are not only the prerogative of ablebods, I belong to a club where as part of my efforts to encourage relationships among disabled people I've met a good number who disabled themselves scorn the idea of hooking up with another disabled person.
Those with a more realistic assessment of themselves and others who have become involved with another impaired individual have developed relationships just as fulfilling, both emotionally and sexually, as any.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #61491 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic Sex For ...

Rhythmsand wrote: this is not really the question....of course it is good....I think there should be therapists that provide services without a stigma attached...

the real question is that of sex being accepted in a social context for people with disabilities....sex is a powerful thing and while most people in general society feel comfortable partaking in it the person with a disability is seem to be different and may not be able to be respected and or accepted by society.

Is therapist the right word? as sex therapists only talk to you! My god I can talk to people in the pub for free. Or do you mean sex workers?

I think the society thinks disabled people are unable to have sex. A few years ago a woman thought I can't get an erection because I am in a wheelchair. Its only part of my body what works 100% :blush: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: riversidemarie

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #61502 by riversidemarie
Replied by riversidemarie on topic Sex For ...
Good on you Karl! Disability does that to some!

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #61507 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic Sex For ...

riversidemarie wrote: Good on you Karl! Disability does that to some!

Yes you are right, but why do people think all disabilities are the same? Floppy or hard, it doesn't matter these days as you can fix the floppy ones with tablets. :ohmy:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tomrymer

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #61519 by Tomrymer
Replied by Tomrymer on topic Sex For ...
True, and there are other techniques that may work. Any fun that a person disabled or not can get is always worth having as long as all parties agree to it.

More
8 years 1 week ago #61522 by davida55
Replied by davida55 on topic Sex For ...
helps to have another person in your life, or can get sex workers...

im sure there is one around here somewhere...lol :laugh:

Moderators: Karl
Time to create page: 0.476 seconds