logolong

Death, so what's after this life?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 1 week ago #22139 by
Scotty wrote:

ducky wrote:

if we are already living in the afterlife..I would like to know what I had done wrong to deserve absolutly gut-renching pain, pure indiffrence and betrayal which left me with low self essteem, pure hatred( which was not me) and overwelming anger for about 5 to 6 yrs.. I would prefer to think this is not the afterlife..

Me too.:(

Welcome home Scotty xxxx ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 week ago #22180 by Poopy_Pixie
:pinch: Ouch!

Well,what can one possibly say when it comes to the nitty gritty of this subject. I can tell from a mile off that you are all very sincere people so I may as well go in at the deep end and start stating things as they really are. Fact is,I do not give a toot what happens any more because my entire life has been an utter nightmare and here I am tapping away on nothing more than an electrical gadget hopint it will somehow take the edge off the sharp fact that I am nowt but a disabled nobody living out an unfulfilled existance until I acquire my own six foot of mother earth.I am fully aware of my own mortality and I do not like the mere thought of it but what can you do....ZILCH.

No job,no family,no friends and no future. Get the violins out,this is bound to make you sick with the embarassment of having to tolerate a nutter.

More
15 years 5 days ago #22535 by JustMee
I believe in a \"life\" after death.

Only after I lost my dad did I look for something to hold on to. A passage read at his funeral hit a chord and when I came back on line after, I happened upon the exact same passage. It starts with .....

Death is nothing at all...
I have only slipped away to the next room...

One day I believe I shall go through that door aand be with him again. :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 4 days ago #22549 by
JustMee wrote:

I believe in a \"life\" after death.

Only after I lost my dad did I look for something to hold on to. A passage read at his funeral hit a chord and when I came back on line after, I happened upon the exact same passage. It starts with .....

Death is nothing at all...
I have only slipped away to the next room...

One day I believe I shall go through that door aand be with him again. :)

You shall...He will be there to greet you with a broad Smile xxxx ;)

More
15 years 1 day ago #22745 by ducky
I like this one writing by my mate

Please don't be sad that I'm not here
My time with you was very dear
Think of me with love in your heart
And know we're never far apart
remember I'm there by your side night and day
with a kiss on your cheek and a touch of your hair
I will comfort and soothe you when sleep goes awry
you'll know I am there so goodnight my .....

• Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 8 months ago #27152 by
I know I'm bringing up yet another old post, but maybe some threads do need resurrecting?

I am an Orthodox Jew and we don't believe in any \"after life\".

That doesn't mean that we think badly of those who do, it's just that to us, when a person dies, their body goes back to the earth.

But their soul lives on in the people who remembered him or her, and who loved him or her.

And for as long as we remember them, their soul lives on.

So difficult to explain but that is why we light remembrance candles on the [Jewish] anniversary of their deaths, and why we say special prayers on those and a few other occasions.

It isn't \"life after death\" - it is memories of our loved ones which will always stay with us, because of our customs.

Moderators: Karl
Time to create page: 0.421 seconds