logolong

Death, so what's after this life?

More
10 years 4 months ago #51374 by Tomrymer
So bohonk, what do YOU believe about your future life with God! I'm well aware that there is no agreement among Christians on the subject and that many who claim to be Christians don't behave as the bible instructs them, ignoring counter views.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #51376 by bohonk
GREAT QUESTION. Parts or phrases of the BIBLE have been improperly changed when transposed Even us as Christians must change some words to fit into todays societyThe "INSTRUCTION" book has somewhat changed in WORD but N0T in meaning.Our second life with God is everybodys choice.

More
10 years 4 months ago #51377 by Grandma7
I agree that parts of the Bible would have lost some of their original meaning in translation.
I use the Bible as my guidelines to daily living, not saying that I don't fall many times, because I do. I just firmly believe that we will leave our painful bodies and lives behind, and move on to the last and final phase of our lives, which will be for eternity.
My belief is not a crutch I lean on, but a sure and certain hope of what is to come.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bohonk

More
10 years 4 months ago #51379 by bohonk
...well put my friend...

More
10 years 4 months ago #51381 by Tomrymer
Hi Bohonk

My question was what do YOU believe, I'm sure you're right in what you say about others but specifically what will YOUR life with God be like as far as it's possible to know?
A further question prompted by the Grandma7's post. What do you think differentiates hope from faith?

More
10 years 4 months ago #51385 by Grandma7
I apologize, probably I should have put faith and not hope.
Faith is a certainty, not an emotion, but a strong belief.
Hope, as I see it, is a wishing for, an uncertainty which you hope will come to pass. x

Moderators: Karl
Time to create page: 0.408 seconds