logolong

Death, so what's after this life?

More
11 years 2 months ago #47017 by Grandma7
I am a Christian, but also don't stick rigidly to one set of church teachings. I do believe that there is an after life, when this body decays. Whether it will be on this earth, or in Heaven I can't answer. But, I do believe that we continually evolve as human beings, either in a good or a bad way. I hope and pray that I am more spiritually aware now than say even a year ago. It would depress me to think that this life is all that there is, with all of its pain and sorrows. People say that life is what you make it, but some things, e.g. illness, or others peoples attitudes can be outside of our control. I strive to be kind to people, to pray for them, to help them, and most of all to encourage them. There are a lot of lonely people out there. One other thing, my dear Mum has been physically dead for just over three years. Before she died she was in a kind of coma for 14 months and was in a nursing home, she didn't know me or anyone else, as far as I am aware. I visited her very often and found time to hold her hands and tell her all of the things that I had been unable to say to her before. But, I cried every day, to see her in that state, and in pain too. One day, I cried out to God, please heal her or take her home to be with you. That night I got a phone call, she had died peacefully in her sleep. I have to believe, for my own sanity, that she is somewhere lovely and at peace, resting in the arms of Jesus. This is what my faith tells me, but also my heart. Would be glad of any comments.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #47265 by bohonk
Some of the FIGURATIVE language often confuses people with the written word. To many scientists and factual people agree the universe didn't just happen. Even my Catholic religion
understands that GOD's un-quivvering love can only withstand human emotion. Do I beiieve?
YES ,IS THERE HEAVEN AND HELL ?YES....But I don't believe the PEARLY GATES AND ST PETER STORY. I would NOT try to entice you into Catholisim....but to be a Christian? yes,,any day!

More
11 years 1 month ago #47270 by BUBBADOG14
I'm afraid my belief in god and heaven was taken away when I lost some very special people out of my life. My husband and I lost them well before their time and can't help but feel cheated. I just hope there is a heaven and they are safe.

More
11 years 1 month ago #47320 by Jana
Losing people too soon is about the worst thing I can think of. The next is losing your sense of self worth as a human being. I absolutely HATE the saying, "God won't ever give you more than you can handle". I don't know who thought it up. It certainly isn't scriptural. It's not that I don't believe in God, but lets just say I have a few questions for Him someday.

More
11 years 1 month ago #47322 by Grandma7
I don't begin to know the answers. I have a strong faith as a Christian and that is what keeps me going, through all of the pain, heartache, sense of loss and bereavement, panic attacks, illness etc., the worse time was seeing my mum in a coma for 14 months, after having a terrible stroke right out of the blue. One day she knew me, then nothing..... just nappies and intravenous feeding. That was the worse time of my life, and to be honest I just prayed and prayed for her to be released, and one day she was ...... but the heartache of those months and the total feeling of loss are still there ....... but so is my faith and my God. x

More
11 years 4 weeks ago #47334 by bohonk
I keep a small message on my icebox,"Death is not extinguishing the light, it is putting out the lamp,because the dawn has come."

Moderators: Karl
Time to create page: 0.435 seconds